United States Section
Article 30.6.3 of the Agreement establishes the Secretariat comprising the Canadian Section, the Mexican Section and the United States Section. The mandate of the Secretariat is set out in Article 30.6.3 of the Agreement and reads:
The Secretariat shall:
- provide assistance to the Commission;
- provide administrative assistance to:
- panels and committees established under Section D of Chapter 10 (Review and Dispute Settlement in Antidumping and Countervailing Duty Matters), and
- panels established under Chapter 31 (Dispute Settlement), including under Annex 31-A (United States-Mexico Facility-Specific Rapid Response Labor Mechanism) and Annex 31-B (Canada-Mexico Facility-Specific Rapid Response Labor Mechanism);
- be responsible for the payment of remuneration to and expenses of panels and committees established under Section D of Chapter 10 (Review and Dispute Settlement in Antidumping and Countervailing Duty Matters) and panelists, assistants, and experts involved in dispute settlement proceedings under Chapter 31 (Dispute Settlement), including under Annex 31-A (United-States-Mexico Facility-Specific Rapid Response Labor Mechanism) and Annex 31-B (Canada-Mexico Facility-Specific Rapid Response Labor Mechanism); and
- as the Commission may direct:
- support the work of other committees and groups established under this Agreement, and
- otherwise facilitate the operation of this Agreement.
Please visit the following website for information on the U.S. Section's mandate beyond the Agreement.
In the administration of the dispute settlement provisions of these agreements, the United States Section of the Secretariat provides professional and advisory support to panels and committees, acts as registrar for dispute settlement panels, coordinates all panel proceedings, and manages all financial aspects of the process.
1401 Constitution Avenue N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20230
Telephone No.: 202-482-5438
Fax No.: 202-482-0148
|Monday to Friday||9:00 am to 5:00 pm Eastern Time|
|Saturday and Sunday||Closed|
|New Year’s Day||January 1|
|Martin Luther King's Birthday||Third Monday in January|
|Presidents' Day||Third Monday in February|
|Memorial Day||Last Monday in May|
|Independence Day||July 4|
|Labor Day||First Monday in September|
|Columbus Day||Second Monday in October|
|Veterans' Day||November 11|
|Thanksgiving Day||Fourth Thursday in November|
|Christmas Day||December 25|
|Jamie Merriman||Deputy Secretary|
|Garrett Peterson||International Trade Specialist|
|Julie Geiger||International Trade Specialist|
- Date Modified: